Friday, October 15, 2010

Bicycle Tour of The Grand Canyon

I really appreciate my bicycle tour of the Grand Canyon. My friends and I rented bicycles from Bright Angel and took an amazing tour of the canyon. Moreover, it was much cheaper than routine tour.

I like to ride bicycles very much, but it is impossible to take my bicycle with me on vacation. Fortunately, there were bicycle rentals at the South Rim of Grand Canyon. So I chose this way to see many beautiful scenic spots there.

The canyon is always full of travellers and tour buses, but I do not need to worry about heavy traffic. My bicycle can park at places that vehicles aren't allowed. This new bicycle rental operation has recently got a commercial use authorization.

So Bright Angel Bicycles will provide tourists with different bicycles at the Grand Canyon Visitor Center. Besides of usual bicycles, there are three-wheel adult bicycles and child trailers. The old and the young can go along with the family.

Travellers can rent bicycles from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and I think it is very convenient. I can ride on the park's multi-use greenway trails or other park roads open to large vehicles. The Hermit Road and the Yaki Point Road are also available.

When I had rented my bicycle, I also got a helmet, leg strap and safety vest, which can guarantee my safety to a large extent. As we made a detailed plan for this tour, we absolutely chose a self guided tour. But other tourists also have several options.

You and your bicycle can get to the Hermit Road by a shuttle, and then you can ride along the rim from Monument Creek Vista to Hermits Rest. This way will save you much energy so that you can fully enjoy the grand scenery.

And you can even hide a bicycle tour guide, and he or she will bring you a wonderful and healthy Grand Canyon bicycle tour. Though we didn't has a tour guide, each of us explained a scenic spot, so the tour was interesting, too. I took a lot of pictures of the canyon, and they witnessed my unforgettable tour.

By : Howard_Kissee

No comments:

Post a Comment